Thursday, January 27, 2011

3 Final Dot Compositions


I went back to school Wednesday, after I saw the doctor for my follow up after the car wreak. In class, we were to present our 15 Dot Compositions and have our table grade what was Proximity, Similarity, and Continuance. Since I was out, I didn't have the 15 compositions. It was fun though, looking at all the interpretations.

I had to pick out the three on my own, so I don't have the nice third-person view of what to put in this critique. I picked these three, because to me they are visually pleasing to look at. I'm a very organized person, and I like a certain order in things.

The first picture is my interpretation of Proximity. The two largest dots are grouped together with the proximity of size and distance, while the little dot isn't within the group because it is furthest apart.

The second picture is my interpretation of Continuance. The dots converge in size, making the eye move to the center, and the dots are aligned into a line that crosses the page adding dynamics to the piece, but also an invisible line for the eye to follow.

The last picture is my interpretation of Similarity. The size to the objects make you want to group the smaller two dots together, while the largest dot stands alone.

In Class

Photobucket   Photobucket

Photobucket   Photobucket

1 comment: