Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wash Lecture Assignment #3 - Autobiography Mapping


CRIT

 We didn't do a critic on this project, which I am eternally grateful for. I wasn't to thrilled with making an autobiography, and I hadn't a clue how to make my life into a piece of work. After viewing other people's work, I realise I could have just focused on one part of my life and not my life as a whole. Before seeing everyone's work though, I struggled with the idea of an entire life in one sculpture. I just didn't know how to put such massive information into one thing, and I really didn't feel like opening myself up that wide. The artwork widely reflect my struggle and displeasure in the project.

Some advice given to me, was to make it filled with more words. The floor of the structures should be filled with more questions about what makes an autobiography. The words on the building floor should be screen printed on, so that the wood showed through.



No comments:

Post a Comment