Monday, March 21, 2011

Metaphor Projecty. Pink Razerblades of Hair

 

CRIT

There wasn't an individual critic for this project, but what I originally saw after I finished the project, was that the neck looked to be broken. Not in the physical since, but what the form looked like. I had made the neck too small for one thing, and there is an awkward curve to the neck, not the angle a real neck it is supposed to have. The cranium is off as well. I forgot the outward  "shelf" like part to the head. The hair was also off to what I had envisioned. After failing to drill a hole in the box-cutter blades, I simply hot-glued them onto the wire structure. The form of the blades looks more like a helmet, I am told, than actually hair.

Overall, the artwork is nice to look at, but it lacks the certain element that would make it more interesting to look at. I believe that making it larger would help the blades fit into the form better, or to find smaller blades. The neck needs to be fixed, defiantly, and the smaller wire should be condenser.


No comments:

Post a Comment